Shanathalas
"When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around"

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Category: By Shanathalas
Mum, Jaime, Ross and Margot gave me the most awesome birthday present ever: the Canon XTi Digital SLR camera!!! I'm still in shock. It was such a surprise to receive such an extravagant present. And not only did I get the camera, but my friends Beppie and Dave gave me an additional special lens as well: a good-quality Canon 50mm f/1.8. Thanks so much guys; I feel almost undeserving of such an amazing gift. But it's exactly the camera I've had my eye on and I've been longing for a digital slr for so long. And now I'll have no excuse not be to out there taking amazing photos. I'm going out this weekend to take my camera for a spin. Saturday is International Dawn Chorus Day so in theory I'm getting up before sunrise (the night after celebrating my birthday - yeah I know, it's not going to be easy), and on Saturday night I'm accompanying mum to the wedding of one of her friends. So I have two events that are perfect for practicing photography. So in a few days, keep watching this space.
 

4 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 4:33 PM
    Happy Birthday! :D I can't wait to see your pictures.
  2. Anonymous 6:11 AM
    Happy Birthday! Sorry I didn't email you or anything, we're incredible slackers with birthdays etc. I never know when people's are unless they run around for weeks beforehand constantly reminding me :-)

    So I hope you had a lovely day and that the next year is much better (healthwise) for you.
  3. vohumanu 10:38 AM
    It´s about time too. I´ve had it hard having to actually take responsibility for my camera again, and at least now I can rest easy thinking "Sure, I could take some photos, but I´m sure Shan´s taking great photos somewhere else in the world."
  4. vohumanu 10:41 AM
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Something to say?