Shanathalas
"When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around"

Rudd says Sorry

Category: By Shanathalas


While people have many opinions on this event, no one can say this was not an historic moment. Personally, this makes me proud to be Australian (and it's been a while since I've said that). Saying Sorry is important, and now we need a plan to right the wrongs our government has done to the indigenous peoples. I hope they will set up a Resolution project like they have here in Canada. Though I hope they can come up with something that is more than just cash hand-outs. That does not solve the problem.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Beppie 10:30 PM
    Personally, this makes me proud to be Australian (and it's been a while since I've said that).

    I know exactly what you mean, although I've had a few moments like that since Rudd became Prime Minister. Yesterday was the proudest moment though. This feeling of pride in my country is so new-- it's not something that I've felt before in my adult life.

Something to say?