Shanathalas
"When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around"

Where? When? What?

By Shanathalas
Sorry for the absence. Our move did not work out so well. The new place we moved into turns out to be an absolute dump, so after some scrambling we will be moving again on Monday. We shall be renting an apartment in the same building as mum. Its nice as its on the 20th floor across from the beach, but it means moving out of the community we like and into downtown, which isn't ideal. Still, we couldn't stay here.

To top it off, I have been offline due to a severe allergic reaction. The doctors think it was to antibiotics, seventeen days after I started taking it. So I once again found myself in the hospital, where I was literally in the waiting room from hell. Imagine a poorly-lit, smelly waiting room. Populate it with an angry junkie, a homeless man, a concussed bike-courier, a man with the worlds stinkiest, ugliest fungal-infected toe nails, and me and my long-suffering husband. The TV was stuck high out of reach with no remote-control, so I could not turn off the back-to-back episodes of Dog the Bounty Hunter, followed by Criss Angel. My feet and hands swelling up like balloons and paralysis in my legs. Fun, fun, fun. Follow by five days of steroids and antihistamines. Now I am learning the pain of Prednisone withdrawal.

However, I am hoping things are on the upswing and next week I will find myself in a new home and in less pain.
 

4 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 12:05 AM
    awwww, you has had it too tough. you must've done some horrible things in a past life, or something, and all that karma's catching up with you :(

    hope you feeling better soon!

    what's wrong with the old-new house? how come it's so yucky?
  2. Beppie 6:26 AM
    :(

    I have been making so much soup over here lately-- I wish I could send some on to you.
  3. Unknown 9:58 AM
    It sounds like Canada is trying to kill you! I think you'll just have to admit that Australia rocks (well, at least it's slightly less malicious) and move back :-) or Germany is nice too :-)
  4. Kass 12:41 PM
    Golly Shannon, you have the worst luck when it comes to things like this! I hope you're feeling better and your move went well!!!

Something to say?