Shanathalas
"When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around"

+1: We're having a Baby!!!

Category: By Shanathalas
This is probably not news to the viewing several out there, but I'm excited to announce our foray into the world of parenthood. I'm just on the cusp of my 20th week of pregnancy, hence my relatively limited posting over the past few months. Making a baby is exhausting; a full day of work just drains me to the point where eating dinner and sitting on the couch are barely manageable when I get home. And nausea and dizziness have firmly hung on to be dragged into my second trimester as well. Still, we couldn't be happier.

This morning we had our second ultrasound. Little baby looks good and far more baby-like than he/she did on the 13 week ultrasound. I'm already getting little kicks, punches and pokes in my belly. Even daddy got a to feel one last week.

I'm trying not to worry too much about all the upcoming trials and tribulations. As we live in a tiny one bedroom, we'll have to move either before or shortly after the bub arrives. Also, a year of reduced income.

Ironically, this little bub will be a Canadian citizen before Jai or I. Dual-citizen at birth; nice one.

Anyway, expect this blog to be slightly more baby-focused in the next little while. Still, I will keep the geek quotient up with stuff like this.
 

2 comments so far.

  1. Kass 12:17 PM
    I'm so happy for you guys :)
  2. Jen 3:32 PM
    Yay, yay, yay!

Something to say?