Shanathalas
"When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around"

My First Knitting Project

Category: , By Shanathalas
Today my lunchtime knitting group went on a field trip to the yarn store to pick up supplies. I bought my first ever pattern, yarn, and circular needles. I figured with the baby coming I should make something for him/her. I spotted the perfect pattern; a little baby hat named "sprout". It looks just like May Gibb's Snugglepot and Cuddlepie characters.

This photo is how it's supposed to turn out. Check back in several months to see how a beginner knitter like me did. I've chosen a darker, more variegated green yarn, but hopefully it will still be recognisable.

I wonder if more posts like this will give the GenderAnalyzer a better hint that I'm a female?
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Kass 2:32 PM
    So cute! When you're done with this one, you should try your hand at something like this - http://scrubberbum.typepad.com/patterns/2004/10/dnosaur_hat.html

    :)

Something to say?